• Allie and Ryan

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 2

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 3

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 4

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 5

    Allie & Ryan

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cable!!!!! ARGH

So on Riding the Roller Coaster this week was a post that struck a chord with me and I know a few other bloggers have mentioned something similar. Basically it all goes along the lines of, "If I don't do it, it won't get done." The main reference was the show Everybody Loves Raymond when Ray comes home from a business trip and leaves his suitcase on the stairs, expecting Debra to unpack it. Well, she doesn't. So it sits there.

I know marriage is about compromise, helping one another out, and working together. Now that we got that out of the way...

Our cable has not worked since December.

December.

We pay quite a bit of money every month for our cable and internet since our apartment will ONLY accept Comcast. So for nearly two months now we have been paying for something we are not using and it bothers me.

When we first had our cable go out it was the box just went crazy. Instead of showing numbers it showed a rotating square thing. It wouldn't connect or show channels or would randomly scroll through weird letters and numbers. We tried to fix it. We reset the box. We tried dialing in online and having them fix it. Nothing. So I asked Ryan to call. Then we were away for Christmas. Then New Years. Then I was sick. Then Ryan's grandfather passed away. A lot of things happened.

But the dust has settled. So I asked again if Ryan could call.

Why don't I just call?

Because if I don't call, it doesn't get done. Point in fact, I had to call to get us cable in the first place. When HE lost our Geico check to fix the car I had to call to get a new one re-instated. When HE wanted to stay longer in SC I had to call the airline at one o'clock in the morning to change our flights (ok slightly different situation... I was in a better mindframe but still). PLUS I ANSWER A PHONE FOR A LIVING! The last thing I want to do is come home and sit on the phone with a Comcast representative. I hate talking on the phone, ironically enough.

Why should he call?

1. He tried to fix the box and knows more than I do what is going on with it.
2. The account is in his name. He has all the information.
3. He will be the one home to meet the guy since he gets home earlier than I do.
3a. So he knows his own schedule better than I do!

So I bring it up last night and he basically says if I want cable then I should call. He is perfectly content to sit and watch Netflix. For hours. And hours. Yes there are good things on Netflix and I like some of the shows, but my attention span is not good to sit and watch five episodes of Lie to Me no matter how decent of a show it is. I want to flip!

I am having surgery on the 23rd. I'd like to have cable when I am couch ridden.

But he won't do it. He said he doesn't care, he will keep watching Netflix, if I want it why should he call? I present my reasons. Nothing. I get upset. Stupid I know, but still nothing. So we have a shouting match at 11pm (when he has the range at 5am... oops), tears are shed, angry angry RAWR ughness. Make up. Sleep.



Still no one has called Comcast.

I refuse to budge on principle at this point. I don't ask a lot of him. I want him to do one thing. Make one phone call.

Am I being unreasonable here????

Perhaps. But darnit I don't care.


What is your big ARGH I ASKED YOU SO PLEASE JUST DO IT issue?


6 comments:

  1. OHHHH Girl!
    I am pretty sure that at this moment (since I am still at work 30 minutes late) that my husband is doing dishes because if he isn't I might just loose it.

    This is an on going battle with Jacob and I too on responsibilities, and even in my work place. It's so frustrating..
    p.s. I bet when I go home and ask if he paid his truck payment yet he is still going to say not yet.. that is one I really can't do for him. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been married for almost 14 years BUT have been together with my hubby for over 19 years now.... I feel for you! I totally do. I read the post from Riding the Roller Coaster and I felt like I was the one who wrote it. It is the story of my life! Sad thing is..... it doesn't ever change (at least it hasn't in my case). Boys will be boys!

    usmcconrads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you 100% that he should call. You make so many good points and he should just call!! There has been MANY situations like this throughout our marriage :) lol... but it usually gets taken care of asap! I hope he calls soon... I know you don't want to call (I don't blame you) but you are losing money girl! You shouldn't be paying for cable you don't have!

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we ALL can relate to this on SOME level! If I were you, at this point I think I'd just call myself... if only because you will definitely NEED that cable after your surgery! I'd make the call, not tell him about it, handle it myself, and then just let him figure out that it's working again... but then again I'm quite stubbornly independent like that. Sometimes it works in my favor, but then again sometimes it just makes more of a mess of things. Oh dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw no! This post made me smile because of the all-too-common issue of one person being the one to get up and do stuff all the time in many relationships. But I obviously feel sad that you're arguing & that it's a real issue :( Maybe you could call & just cancel it! Think how much money you'd save each year, especially if you guys haven't missed it in 2 months. Men are so stubborn sometimes though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our good folks on the phone will gladly assist if you call. On the other hand, you have the option to email our team. We are here to help! :)

    I work for Comcast. I am sorry that your cable has been out since December. We gotta get that fixed! 
    Just contact us, provide your account info and a link to this page. We are here for you! 

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for commenting. Please make sure your email is attached to your comment so I can reply. I try to reply to every person who comments, if you don't get a response check and see that you are not a 'noreply' blogger!