• Allie and Ryan

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 2

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 3

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 4

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 5

    Allie & Ryan

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bridal Shower!



So this Sunday my wonderful bridesmaids and family threw me a terrific bridal shower at my aunt's house. 4 out of 5 bridesmaids were there... including Sam!!! My maid of honor came all the way from FLORIDA and she and Jill went crazy planning the whole thing!



I had friends and family all together in one place, all enjoying the fact that Ryan and I are happy and about to start a life together. That element makes me look forward to the wedding even more, everyone will be there and just happy to be together. Perfect.

We got probably 90% of our registry and then some! My mom blew me away... she found my favorite book from when I was really little on ebay... Barbie and the Missing Wedding Dress! Fitting no? She read it to me every night when I was little but it got lost in the shuffle over time. I burst in to tears as soon as I saw it. She also got us toasting glasses from Lenox for our first toast. Kim blew me away with this great basket of candles in pairs and different colors each representing a different milestone in our lives. Our first anniversary, our first Valentine's Day, Christmas, Baby, and twenty fifth anniversary. I cried when she read the poem too. Sam and her family went above and beyond to help put this together. Between their time running around and setting up, their generous gifts (Sam even got Ryan and I Mickey Ears embroidered with our names for a bride and groom), and everything else I am just blown away. Everyone was so terrific it makes me tear up even now!

My mom's friend Fran made us an AMAZING white present cake. I have to post a picture of it here when I get one. For once I didn't take pictures so I am depending on others here!!! She also made Ryan and I our hats...


Our hats!


Me and Mom!

I go to DC tomorrow for the weekend with one of my bridesmaids, Dell. Save Ryan a trip. We're going to Shamrock Fest Saturday and I am pretty excited. I love Saint Patrick's Day... the party Ryan and I met at was for that!!

PS Cat Scan went ok? Still waiting for results. Again. :P

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your cat scan went alright! You'll have to keep us updated on your results. Keeping you in my prayers.

    Love that hats by the way. They're just too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for commenting. Please make sure your email is attached to your comment so I can reply. I try to reply to every person who comments, if you don't get a response check and see that you are not a 'noreply' blogger!