• Allie and Ryan

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 2

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 3

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 4

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 5

    Allie & Ryan

Friday, January 31, 2014

Reality

I know I have a lot to blog about. A huge, wonderful trip of a lifetime through Europe with my husband.

But when we landed in Phili I had a text from my mom to call her. When we got our baggage going through customs I called and heard my aunt had entered hospice and wasn't doing well. I debated staying in Phili but my mom told me to go home as there was no telling how much time was left. I sobbed my eyes out but flew home. 

Last night at 10pm my brave, amazing aunt Joan lost her hard fought battle with cancer. I'll be flying to New Jersey soon to be with my family. My husband unfortunately can't take leave again so soon after an extended period so I'll be going alone. 

Please pray for my family. For my cousins who lost their mother too young, my uncle who lost his wife, my mom who lost her sister and my grandparents who in their 80s and 90s have to bury their child. For my cousins and my brother who lost his godmother. For an amazing woman who has gone way too soon. 

Love ya Aunt Joan. Rest in Peace. 






5 comments:

  1. Oh no. sending you and your family prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. Cancer is such a horrible disease. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate cancer. With every fiber of my being. I am so sorry for your loss. Please know your aunt lives on in many of us who have fought our own battles and strive to educate others and raise awareness and funds so no family ever has to endure this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for commenting. Please make sure your email is attached to your comment so I can reply. I try to reply to every person who comments, if you don't get a response check and see that you are not a 'noreply' blogger!