• Allie and Ryan

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 2

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 3

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 4

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 5

    Allie & Ryan

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Furloughed

I am officially out of work until the government fixes itself. As some of you know I work at the library on base. We are considered nonessential personnel so we officially closed as of 11:30am yesterday. 

Yes, I am glad my husband is still being paid. The man is in Afghanistan. Lord knows he deserves to be paid. But so does everyone else who works and needs a little thing called a paycheck to survive. 

We are very fortunate that our bills can still be paid even if I'm out of work for the time being. But many aren't so lucky. 800,000 federal employees are sitting at home right now. Not to mention the thousands of government contractors not included in that high number. 

Congress didn't do their jobs and they are still being paid. Yes I heard about the 27 or so donating their paychecks to charity. Great. But you know what? If you had done your job in the first place it wouldn't be necessary. I'm not patting you on the back for failing to do what you're hired to do. 

I'm not pointing a finger at a party here. In my book the democrats, the republicans, and the president are all to blame here. Every one of them is at fault. 

In the meantime I will sit in my empty house and wait for my job to open again. We can't go anywhere, the call can happen at any time, and I am naturally saving every penny I can since we have no idea how long this will last. 

If I didn't do my job, I'd be fired. Maybe the government should hold themselves to the same standards the rest of us are at. 

And since this post is a bit depressing, I leave you with a picture of the Dup post bath. Someone jumped in the pond during our walk and was very unhappy with me when I had to hose her off when we got home. That's what happens Rylie girl! Sorry!




 

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! Government shutdown. So annoying! I don't usually get political but this topic makes me mad. You are right. It is all of their faults. I am sorry you are feeling the direct affects of the shutdown. I hope a decision is made soon. And you are right, you are so lucky being without a paycheck won't affect your ability to afford things like food, house, utilities. I feel so much for those wondering how to pay their mortgages and feed their families. Good luck and enjoy some time off :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for commenting. Please make sure your email is attached to your comment so I can reply. I try to reply to every person who comments, if you don't get a response check and see that you are not a 'noreply' blogger!