• Allie and Ryan

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 2

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 3

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 4

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 5

    Allie & Ryan

Sunday, February 27, 2011

New Milspouse by J

J's blog It's a Dog Tag Wife Life is one of the newer ones I have stumbled upon lately and I love it! She is a terrific writer and a brand new MilSpouse! Congratulations on your recent wedding and welcome to the life. Your entry definitely made me go, "Awww..." (:

Hi there, I'm J from over at It's a Dog Tag Wife Life. Thanks so much to Allie for having me and good luck with your surgery! I'm actually a very new military spouse. We were married on 1/1/11. Cool, huh? And it was an awesome wedding. But that's not what I want to talk about. It's remembering why you're having a wedding. Several years ago the hunny (my other half) and I met. Actually, we got married on our third anniversary, but I digress. Before the wedding, there was a lot of stress. Things his mom wanted, things my mom wanted. Our guest list spiraling out of control (we wanted 100 guests and had around 150). Any bride can tell you there is stress. One of my best friends had to change her ceremony location two weeks before her wedding because the beach she had booked had a jazz festival going on that same night!

As I was sitting there, two nights before our wedding, crying my eyes out because our printer wasn't working and it was 2 am and I couldn't print our stupid programs, the hunny came in and helped me out. He didn't yell at me for being overly emotional. He didn't ask me how I broke the printer (which I hadn't, it just didn't like the thick paper). He didn't even give me a sigh of frustration. He just came in, took over calmly, and got as many programs done as he could that night.

When he saw me crying, he turned in the chair and had me come sit on his lap. He then told me, "It doesn't matter if these programs don't get printed. It doesn't matter if our flowers don't arrive. It doesn't matter if your dress isn't perfect or none of our guests show up. Our wedding is about us getting married and that's the most important thing." ::Collective "Awwwww"::

And it helped. I had been so caught up in the planning and the stressing that when it really came down to it, none of it did matter. As long as he and I were married by the end of the day, that was the most important thing. And I remind myself through our times as we go along, that since he loves me (and I him) that we can get through everything. Because the world might be crumbling around us, and some days it will feel like that, but we have each other.

So for all you ladies out there who have husbands that are abroad serving, or even home (because that's no picnic either) remember why you got married. It's not for the increase in BAH or to get benefits. It all started because you loved each other and that should help you get through deployments, PCSing, and every other thing that will get thrown your way.

And yes, I do still have stars in my eyes and that's why it's such a lovey post.


2 comments:

  1. That post is just what I needed to read this morning *tears in eyes* I think every once in a while we all need to be reminded of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet comments! And I'm glad it made you go "awwww"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for commenting. Please make sure your email is attached to your comment so I can reply. I try to reply to every person who comments, if you don't get a response check and see that you are not a 'noreply' blogger!