• Allie and Ryan

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 2

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 3

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 4

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 5

    Allie & Ryan

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 9

Day 9 - A Photo I Took

A Storm brewing in St Croix where my best friend Sam's family now lives. We spent a Christmas break here once and it was amazing! Her family moved there in college and it was a great change from a cold NJ to the tropical island!

Inauguration Day. I got to the mall around 4am or so and the sun finally started to come out. We were absolutely frozen, it was around 10 degrees that day I think and the ground was literally rock hard with ice. So worth being there though!

Stratford-Upon-Avon, England... one of the main streets of the town that looks historically still... minus the asphalt!


I LOVE this picture. When I was in Crete, Greece (studying abroad in the Mediteranean) we walked by these fishermen and I saw this guy with the eel and had to take a picture. He said something to me in Greek but I hope it was a good thing as I already had taken the picture!

________

For the 4th of July Ryan and I went to the concert on the Capital lawn. It was hot but great. We saw Gladys Knight, Darius Rucker and Reba!!!! Other great acts too. Then we ran down to the National Mall and saw the fireworks in the masses of people.

After we walked back to the barracks and went up to the fifth deck of the parking lot. Sitting in the bed of Josh's truck we had a beer or two and had a 360 view of the city and saw fireworks going off everywhere. It was amazing.

It is ironic. The last time I did the 4th of July in DC, going to the Capital Concert and the National Mall, it was so different. I was with two of my girlfriends and it was raining on and off all day but still so humid. Luckily it was not too crowded but the big difference... it was during the time Ryan and I were broken up and at the time not really speaking. We literally broke up for two weeks within a month or two of dating. He thought he was deploying soon and it wasn't fair to me to make me go through that. We started talking and got back together a week or so after the 4th and he never deployed (at that time). Now two years later it was blazing sun, we had survived a deployment, and we're married.

Funny how time changes eh?

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm your newest follower! Are you living in Alexandria? I lived there last year and loved it!

    I'm in Jacksonville, NC with my Marine but we are planning to move back to the DC area soon!

    Reina @ sempergumbythelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics! I'm your partner for the Summer Essentials Swap! You've got a great blog. Anything I should know before I go on the great hunt for swap stuff???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for commenting. Please make sure your email is attached to your comment so I can reply. I try to reply to every person who comments, if you don't get a response check and see that you are not a 'noreply' blogger!