• Allie and Ryan

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 2

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 3

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 4

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 5

    Allie & Ryan

Friday, July 17, 2009

Anger fueled by ignorance...

So I am still trying to figure this out... thanks to the new followers I have! It made me smile to see that. I have tried adding people and for some reason for certain people I show up on their lists twice... so sorry about that. I have tried to fix it but I got frustrated and gave up. Silly technology. If you remove one I won't take offense!

No word from Ryan today :( First time since he has been in Iraq that I heard nothing at all Usually I have an email waiting or I get to facebook chat him at some point. But I know he was starting training today so I half expected it. I got spoiled this week talking to him so much, and I know I need to get used to this sparcer communication! It will be harder now, but we can do it. I am also currently putting together one kick ass carepackage for him.

Now for the rant. Sorry, have to do it. I am a member of a yahoo group called USMC_gals... it is for the wives/fiances/girlfriends of Marines. Just to talk and get advice and reach out to others who understand. I've seen a few people on there who have encountered ignorant people who talk down upon Marines and what sacrifices they make for our country, but I never thought I would face one. Mind you mine was not in person but it infuriated me all the same.

Are you familiar with the Post Secret Project? Basically you but a secret annonymously on a post card and mail it in to this man who runs a website, postsecret.org. Viewing the secrets helps a lot of people realize they are not alone in many ways and it is a great thing.

Well livejournal has a LiveJournalSecret sort of copy cat project, but instead of just updating every Sunday it is every weekday and many more of them. I usually read them and comment occassionally, but I came across this one today and for the first time in my life I saw red.

http://i28.tinypic.com/2mnpqtx.jpg

If you can't open the link (because I would never dare post such a picture as a picture here), it is a sillouhette of a soldier against an American flag, then in text it says, "Seeing or thinking of soliders dying in Iraq never fails to put a smile on my face."

Nearly every person who commented on it said it was probably a troll, someone making a horribly offensive secret just to incite a reaction or whatever... but even so it is a terrible thing to say.

Here was my comment reply on the secret...

27. You are a terrible, terrible person who I pray is a troll but might not be. All those men and women who are fighting in Iraq are fathers, mothers, daughters, sons, friends, loved ones, brothers, sisters, significant others, and friends to countless people. You can disagree all you want with a war but to wish harm on the people willing to lay down their lives for you to spew this crap on the internet is disgusting. Am I biased for having a boyfriend serving in Iraq? Perhaps. But I would never "smile" wishing harm on another human being. You disgust me.

So if any of you have livejournal I encourage you to go to this post and give this jackass a piece of your mind! I know so many people, not just me, who have boyfriends, fiancess, and husbands (and more) that do so much and I know one person should not bother me this much, but I am so infuriated right now I am literally shaking.

http://community.livejournal.com/ljsecret/413855.html?page=2#comments There is the link. Secret number 27 and you can comment on the bottom.

Thanks for reading my rant. I appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. That is SO horrible. I don't even understand whyyyy that thought would cross that persons mind. People are so cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT IS AWFUL!! I don't understand how people can be so disgusting! Thank you for speaking up and saying what we all would want to say.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for commenting. Please make sure your email is attached to your comment so I can reply. I try to reply to every person who comments, if you don't get a response check and see that you are not a 'noreply' blogger!