• Allie and Ryan

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 2

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 3

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 4

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 5

    Allie & Ryan

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Great Scott!


Ok, if you're a long term reader you should know by now I am pretty much a nerd, so this entry shouldn't be too shocking for most of you. For new readers, well, surprise! I'm a nerd!

Today, October 21, 2015, is Back to the Future Day. On this day Marty and Doc Brown arrive from 1985 to the future.... after today Back to the Future will officially be in the past. Scary huh? Back to the Future (1, 2 and 3) have always been some of my most favorite movies. I have owned a BttF shirt for many years. In Universal Studios I bought myself a Hill Valley class ring (no, you cannot make this stuff up). In college I had a full size movie poster from the first movie that hung up in my dorm rooms and apartments until I graduated. I have owned the trilogy on DVD for years after scoring them for super cheap at a Black Friday sale years and years ago. Needless to say, I have waited for this day for ages!

Now it seems like a lot of BttF fans are coming out of the woodwork and I am totally ok with that. Enjoy it!

There are tons of news articles today...

Back to the Future II: What did it get right and wrong?
Test Yourself with this Back to the Future Quiz
Back to the Future: Queensland police deploy 'hoverboard unit'
Great Scott! It's Back to the Future Day
Universal Pictures released a spoof trailer for "Jaws 19"

And more. But seeing this video this almost made me teary...


Sure, we may not have hover boards or flying cars (yet), but we do have 3D movies, thumbprint scanners, flat screen televisions and more. And even though they may not be as prevalent, fax machines do still exist. I have to teach people at the library how to use them on a daily basis! The Cubs even made it to the playoffs!!! I don't think they will win the World Series though, the Mets are on fire, I hate to admit it! You can even buy Pepsi Perfect for $20.15 for a limited time only. Luckily I am a diet coke fan or I'd be tempted. Ok, I am tempted. But they sold out!

One movie theatre in town is showing a double feature tonight at 7pm, but my husband does have work tomorrow even if I am off. We compromised on our own double feature at home tonight after work, care of my DVDs. Fair enough.

The future is not yet written. Make it a good one my friends.


2 comments:

  1. My 10 year old asked about it the other day. He found it on TV and it's set to record tonight. I like the movies, but I wouldn't say they are my favorite. I do love watching my era movies with my kids though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've been my favorite (well, one of my favorites) for years! Can't help it!

      Delete

Thanks for reading and for commenting. Please make sure your email is attached to your comment so I can reply. I try to reply to every person who comments, if you don't get a response check and see that you are not a 'noreply' blogger!