• Allie and Ryan

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 2

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 3

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 4

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 5

    Allie & Ryan

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful

This year I have so much to be thankful for... well I do every year but this year has been one of many ups and downs, today of all days I am thankful for my ups. Even if they have been accompanied by some downs.
 
I am thankful my husband is home. He is not deployed like last year, he is not working, he is here and able to give me a kiss whenever I bug him for one. Which is often.
 

I am thankful for plentiful Dup Dup kisses too. I don't ask for those often but she gives them always. Especially if you don't want them really.
 
 
I am thankful for amazing friends. For friends who are truly there for me when I need them. Friends who watch football with you on your birthday even though they have no idea what is going on.

 
I am thankful for friends who live far away but are always there by phone call or text whenever you need them. And ones that give you excuses to buy pretty dresses so you can stand beside them on one the most important days of their lives, just like they did for you nearly five years ago.


I am thankful for my crazy, large, wonderful family. For my parents who support me in all that I do. My amazingly talented little brothers who I am convinced will change the world. My awesome inlaws who made me feel like my family doubled in size since before I was even officially married.
 
 
 
I am also thankful for adventures. Ones that happen here at home or around the world. This year there were many firsts. My husband's first trip outside the US that was not to a war zone. My first time on the continent of Africa... and on a camel. My first time stepping foot in some foreign countries like Spain and Monaco. Even little things, like having my first sweet potato in years a few weeks ago and realizing I do actually like them. Adventures.
 
 
Being thankful is something I try to be more than just on Thanksgiving. It is nice to have the reminder, but everyday I am thankful to open my eyes and see this amazing world we live in. I am thankful for my family, my friends, my faith, my home, my Dup Dup, and everything else that I can or cannot think of at this moment.
 
I hope you all have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving, whether you are travelling or staying in or your family is near or far.... know I am thankful for all of you in blogland too.

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and for commenting. Please make sure your email is attached to your comment so I can reply. I try to reply to every person who comments, if you don't get a response check and see that you are not a 'noreply' blogger!