• Allie and Ryan

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 2

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 3

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 4

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 5

    Allie & Ryan

Monday, October 21, 2013

Weathering the Storm


As I'm sure you've noticed things have been up and down a lot for me lately. Sometimes I just want to curl up and cry and others I'm almost too fine. It's crazy. I promised myself I would not let myself fall apart during this deployment. I've come too close for comfort some days though. 

But it's getting better. It is. 

I drove two hours (each way) to Myrtle Beach on Friday to go to the DMV. My manager at work told me to take Friday to go take care of it so I didn't have to wait another week, which I appreciated. At least the truck is taken care of fully now. The car is still a work in progress. 

I also treated myself to Chipotle and Trader Joes on said roadtrip!



I tried to be domestic and make apple butter. 


Fourteen hours and one sticky kitchen later I have three overly sweet and not quite as firm as I wanted jars of something. I tried. 

Today Ryan made me smile when he told me he got the care package I sent him... On Wednesday. The package I sent him in August hasn't made it (or any of the ones from his family) but the Halloween box made it in four days. Really?! I'm glad he finally got something but where are the ten boxes from the past month and a half?! Oy. 

Now I'm going to watch my Giants hopefully not become 0-7....

 

1 comment:

  1. Love that you indulged in chipotle and trader joes! Those are two of my favorite places. What a pain you had to drive so far for car things though! I hope your hubby gets his care packages soon. It's so crazy how mail is delivered over there... 4 days has to be some sort of record though

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for commenting. Please make sure your email is attached to your comment so I can reply. I try to reply to every person who comments, if you don't get a response check and see that you are not a 'noreply' blogger!