• Allie and Ryan

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 2

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 3

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 4

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 5

    Allie & Ryan

Friday, May 11, 2012

My Marine and Me - Milspouse Blog Hop 2012



Hello fellow Milspouse Bloggers!

My name is Allie and welcome to my blog, My Marine and Me. I started blogging back in the summer of 2009 before my boyfriend (now husband) deployed to Iraq. We had been dating over a year, I just graduated college and was about to go intern at Walt Disney World and I realized I might want a space to write out my thoughts.

So, Disney and Deployed was born. I spent six months working at the Happiest Place on Earth, EPCOT to be a little more specific, while the love of my life was in the desert. I missed him terribly but luckily Disney was a HUGE distraction. It kept me sane! It is hard to be down and panicky and worried in a place like that. I had my moments though, times when I was terrified or just missed him so badly I couldn't breathe. You know how it is. But eventually Ryan came home from deployment. He even came to visit me in Disney, and while he was there he proposed. My program ended a few months later and I left Disney. I had a wedding to plan! So no more deployed, no more Disney.... My Marine and Me was born in those months leading up to our wedding. If you cannot tell I have a thing for alliteration!


We got married May 1, 2010 at my church at home in New Jersey and lived in Alexandria VA for two years following our wedding. Well, I was there two years. Ryan re-enlisted last June and had to change his MOS to stay in the Marines. So he went off to 29 Palms California for nine months for school while I stayed in Virginia. For nine months we flew back and forth across the country every six weeks or so and used our cell phones more than I ever thought would be possible!

Ryan graduated in April 2012 and we packed up our apartment in Virginia and bought our first house in Jacksonville, NC, where we recently PCSed. PCSing was an adventure for sure, but I think we got off pretty easy!
I graduated college with a theatre degree, was born and raised in Jersey where giant malls and diners rule, love the Yankees and the Giants, and my tea is usually the Lipton powdered kind. Now I am living in the south in a huge military town where Walmart reigns, pro-sports are second to college teams (at least around here) and there is no tea but sweet tea! It is an adjustment for sure. For now I am keeping our yellow lab puppy Rylie entertained and sending out about ten job applications a week. Hopeully something strikes soon! If not, I will be blogging away here and writing more over at SpouseBUZZ.com when my brain cooperates.

Feel free to Like Me on Facebook or follow me on Pintrest! I don't tweet though. No idea how it works and I am social media'd out for now (: Thanks for stopping by!!!



12 comments:

  1. Hi Allie!

    Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day!

    As you know, I am definitely a follower, but I really suck at the commenting thing. Rylie gets absolutely more adorable every time that I see her and I absolutely love your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy MilSpouse Appreciation Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Allie,
    Happy (a little late) Military Spouse Appreciation Day!!
    Go Yankees!!! :D
    Looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm stopping in from the blog hop. Good luck on the job search. It took me about five months of applying to pretty much everything I saw to find one over here in Germany and now it's just a waiting game with the different formalities that have to be done before I can start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! We spent 2 years in Jersey (McGuire AFB) and loved it. I love your header by the way... cute pictures!

    Nice to meet you through the Military Spouse Appreciation blog hop! I'm now following you. I hope you can visit my blog when you get a chance: http://www.athometake2.blogspot.com.

    Please stop by to check out my Weekend Blog Walk. I also co-host a Mom's Monday Mingle and Favorite Product Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy {belated} MilSpouse Appreciation Day! Your wedding photos were gorgeous! Our colors were red & navy, too :) I'm following you now!

    Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Allie! Nice to meet you. That is so cool you got to work at Disney :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for stopping by and happy belated milspouse appreciation day to you too!
    btw, i love you coca cola bathroom. dh and i are addicted to vintage coca cola signs and we have the all over our dinning room.
    oh, 29 palms. unfortunately, when we leave this place (if ever) it wont be our last trip here. dh's schooling is based here too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just came across your blog :) I have a music degree and did a lot of theatre in college, so HI fellow thespian (sorry I'm not really that corny-- but whatever). Hope you enjoy Lejeune! It's a different world for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey friend! So I'm STILL trying to make the rounds and visit everyone from the blog hop (yes, I'm such a slacker!). Just wanted to say hi and a belated thank you for joining in on the blog hop! Hope you had fun visiting the other ladies on the list and that you had a fabulous Mil Spouse Appreciation Day!!!

    xoxo
    RC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Allie! Thanks for stopping by my blog during the hop—sorry it took me so long to get over here…better late than never, though! I love these get-to-know-you posts! Two of my best friends interned at Disney for a year. I went out twice to see them there and that's actually where I had my first date with my (now) husband! Also, I write for Spousebuzz, too! What a small (internet) world :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I am a little late from the BlogHop. It was nice to meet you! Happy belated military spouse appreciation day!! Amanda

    mickandmackarmyadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for commenting. Please make sure your email is attached to your comment so I can reply. I try to reply to every person who comments, if you don't get a response check and see that you are not a 'noreply' blogger!