• Allie and Ryan

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 2

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 3

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 4

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 5

    Allie & Ryan

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Another Thursday

Just another Thursday...

Work of course. Going to go grocery shopping. Watch Shark Week.

Except at work I realized our rent, due the 1st and usually Ryan's thing to drop off and with him leaving the 31st it slipped. So during my lunch break I raced home to write the check and drop it off during office hours. And of course my leasing lady Thelma, who has the buggest southern drawl you'd expect from a Thelma, said to me "Aww hunny, he's gone a long time isn't he?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Oh no worries sugah. You coulda dropped this off tomorrow. It's fine. And if you need anything at all you make sure you come in here and tell us, ok?"

Very sweet.

Grocery shopping, for one. Should be interesting. I haven't had to do that in a long time, I feel like I am going to waste so much food. Food I will cook and then not want a left over or not want to make all at once that will just spoil. I don't want to live on hot dogs, ramen noodles and sandwiches but it is a little bit tempting.

Shark Week, well it is keeping me sane at nights. I haven't cried since the day Ryan left, which I am grateful for. I am not a graceful crier. I become a snot machine who cannot breathe whose chin wrinkles awfully and then my entire face turns bright red. Not my best look. I end up blowing my nose for ages so I can breathe and then my skin dries out and my nose peels on the bottom for about a week afterward. Like right now.


Anyway...


I did get to talk to Ryan last night. He finally has a room, not his own, but his room. He gets no cell service in there and when he went outside to talk to me it was so windy I could barely hear him! Sadface. But we made it work. He had to finish six pages of homework before his study group before he could talk to me, talk about role reversal! When we met I was in college and always had things like that; homework and papers and reviews, and now it is him. Crazytown.

Now onto the random:

Another blogger posted about this website on her blog today called Makes Me Think (MMT). If was featured in an article that just had me slightly teary and very emotional.... yes at work! Like this one...

Today in downtown San Diego, I watched a blue collar Mexican man get harassed for being Mexican. It was a blatant act of discrimination. And the man actually began crying. As he left the office building, he took off his jacket. His t-shirt underneath read, “I love the USA!” MMT
(This one wrenched my heart)

Today, I interviewed a woman who is terminally ill. “So,” I tried to delicately ask, “What is it like to wake up every morning and know that you are dying?” “Well,” she responded, “What is it like to wake up every morning and pretend that you are not?” MMT
(True)

Today, as I walked away from the airport gate alone with my head held high and eyes beet red from crying, I knew at that moment what it meant to be a military wife. MMT
(Tooooo close to home)

I have been reading them all day today.

Plus entering blog contests... like this one at Allie Photography (great name!) She has 550 followers (lucky duck) so be sure to check her out!




Now for my link up Roller Coaster stole my song :P (Kidding). Well I had been planning on posting The War at Home by Josh Groban but I won't double post! Go to her awesome blog and listen to it, he wrote it in one day after visiting veterans at Walter Reed. Chills. During the concert last week I cried when he sang it! Hearing it live is nothing like it being on the CD.

So my pick this week is a song that seems to be on my radio any time I get in the car lately. I do love it, it must be a moonlight thing with me, but here is my pick for the week.



Link up with Goodnight Moon!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Allie, I'm so sorry I stole your song!!! You should have posted it anyway...that would just prove a) what an awesome song it is, and 2) great minds think alike. But I love that Lady Antebellum Song too. I'm not a country fan, but I love them.

    Your leasing lady sounds really nice. Hang in there girl. You've got my email address if you need to vent. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some Lady Antebellum!! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for commenting. Please make sure your email is attached to your comment so I can reply. I try to reply to every person who comments, if you don't get a response check and see that you are not a 'noreply' blogger!