• Allie and Ryan

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 2

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 3

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 4

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 5

    Allie & Ryan

Thursday, May 19, 2011

We're In

New to the re-enlistment saga? Follow along here.

I meant to blog yesterday. I had pictures for a Wordless Wednesday post and everything, but silly work got in the way :P It was oddly busy for most of the morning and then at noon I had a conference call about a website that our company is going to be using to make our jobs easier, an intranet of sorts. It is pretty cool and I was paying attention to what our VP was saying, even if my ear went numb for holding the phone there so long! I keep my cell phone on silent, propped up between my keyboard and my post it note holder, so if I get a text or a call it catches my eye when it lights up.

I am 45 minutes into my conference call when I see my phone light up. Ryan is calling me. He never calls me at work. I can't pick up so I let it go. He calls again. I text him saying I am on a conference call, is everything ok? Cryptic husband of mine just tells me, "Call me ASAP." A myriad of thoughts are running through my brain. Of course he couldn't say if it was good news or bad news! The last ten minutes of my conference call were agony! I finally get off and dash into the hallway to call my husband.

His re-enlistment package was approved!!!!

My husband is a proud Marine for at least next four (maybe five?) years!

He did it! He got it! Ahhh I am so so happy for him.

Ryan decided he is going to do his ceremony next Wednesday, so I am taking a few hours off work to go see it. I have never seen him in a ceremony before... we weren't dating through the boot camp/SOI phase, he picked up LCpl before we met, and he picked up CPL when I was living in NJ before our wedding and told me it wasn't a big deal and not to come. I will so be the embarassing wife, camera and all, come next week!


Now we don't have the specifics and all yet. Since Ryan is going into a new MOS (Ground Radio Technician) he does have to go to school. What we have heard so far is that he will leave anytime in the next 1-3 months and his first school is three months long. He will be classified as "TAD en route"... do any of you know what that means? We know TAD, but the en route part from what we gather means he technically is not assigned to 8th and I but just school...? So BAH may change? No idea. I kn ow I cannot go with him to school, at least the first round, but we don't know if I can go after that. It wouldn't be worth to move somewhere for a few months for school just to move again to get orders. I'll probably just stay in Virginia for all his schooling. Sucky part is it is in 29 Palms, so long distance it is!

We are so very grateful. Our neighbors celebrated with us last night with wine, beer and hard cider until it started raining so much we had to break it up! Ryan watched the first half of Full Metal Jacket while I showered and got ready for bed since he was extra motivated. Marines :P

Thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts in prayers as we went up and down over the past few months. It is so so appreciated. When we hear more I will let you know.


Ryan was singing this last night so it has been stuck in my head ever since...

Link up with Goodnight Moon for one of the best link ups everrrr.

16 comments:

  1. Oh my word, YAY , congratulations :) I'm so happy for you! God does answer prayers but only in his timing sometimes not ours but he makes everything beautiful in his time and always provides for his children! Yay Praise Jesus and give him Glory! Okay i will as I've been praying for y'all that something would come through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay, about time! I know how long you've both been waiting for this and how important it is! Send my congrats to your hubby... and to you of course! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the re-enlistment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say congrats again :):) and you know, if you ever get lonely while he is away at school you can come stay with me, and Harper and we will occupy your time :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo!!!! Congrats girlie!!!!! I am so excited for you! I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now. That is so awesome!!!

    Great song link up this week to celebrate with!

    Did I say, congrats yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! That is great great news!! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad everything finally went through!

    The only thing I can think of for "TAD en-route" is training before/while moving to a new command. I know Naval & Marine Corps Aviators do this before joining the Blue Angels. My husband just went to a month long school between our last duty station & here. So maybe you will be PCSing after/during his TAD? The good thing about it is the USMC pays for his lodging/food and they pay to pack up your household goods/move you. I would definitely have him look into it ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! Congrats:) So glad that's taken care of:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! SUCH great news, and Ryan certainly deserves it! Hopefully I'll be in VA soon so if you get lonely during the long distance we can have a twinathon (yeah that was lame, but I like inventing words). Haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratsssss!!!!!!!! i loveetteee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yaaaaay! I bet that is a huge weight lifted!
    Such a good song choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. THAT IS AWESOME! God is good! I feel like we are living the same life right now.. haha we just moved to CA and my husband is also going into another MOS.. which is why we moved to CA..but anyways, he is leaving in June & his schooling is all the way in FL! lol.. & I asked the hubby what TAD en route means.. basically..going to school and of course him training on the job before he gets a seat for his new class.

    Anyways - YAY!! Congrats to HIM & you of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay!! Such good news! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for commenting. Please make sure your email is attached to your comment so I can reply. I try to reply to every person who comments, if you don't get a response check and see that you are not a 'noreply' blogger!