• Allie and Ryan

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 2

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 3

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 4

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 5

    Allie & Ryan

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Spa Night and Spouse Experience

This has been a busy week so far but I'm so thankful for that. It's helping one fly by! Yesterday I went to work, ran home and walked the Dup, and then headed back to base for a spa night. It was a lot of fun!


We had four different stations; reflexology, sugar scrubs, yoga and massage. It felt wonderful to do some yoga, it has been a long time and my muscles were tighter than I ever remember them being. I really need to go find a class again, it's so hard to motivate myself to do workouts alone at home! And the massage was heavenly. I did not want to get out of the chair!

Today I was off from work but I did my usual commute to base to help out with SpouseBUZZ's military spouse experience. It was such a terrific day (massive artillery shaking the building and all!). I got to meet and see some amazing bloggers and people in the military community I've known (even just online) for years. Plus I met lots of great new people too. 


 Spouse Experience is a fun day. No powerpoints here, more like get on your feet and meet people and discuss the real experiences we all have and share. I'm so honored to even be involved in my small capacity! If any base near you hosts one please attend. It is so worth it!


Lots of people attended. Some spouses were married less than a month and others for up to 37 years! It's for everyone. The speakers are always fantastic, the prizes are awesome and the food was delicious!


I even got to be in a fake fight with Jayce for an activity. My husband would recognize my "You cannot be serious!" fighting stance!

Borrowed from the SpouseBUZZ Facebook page

The event let out around two so I had plenty of time to go home, nap, walk the Dup and then meet everyone for dinner at Ale House. It was a really nice dinner and I enjoyed getting to know everyone more. Now I'm home and quite sleepy! Tomorrow is work again but the library is officially closed for renovations, a new ceiling! We all will report in tomorrow to move books, pack and dismantle shelving before the construction crew arrives next week. Tomorrow night is a Return/Reunion brief with banner making supplies.... So you all know what that means ;)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great event. I have never heard of anything like this. Spa Night is my kind of night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I wish there was something like that where I live.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for commenting. Please make sure your email is attached to your comment so I can reply. I try to reply to every person who comments, if you don't get a response check and see that you are not a 'noreply' blogger!