• Allie and Ryan

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 2

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 3

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 4

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 5

    Allie & Ryan

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 3

Hosted here!

Day 3: Most meaningful gift/best gift you've received


Ryan and I got engaged in December of last year... it wasn't technically a Christmas gift but it is the best gift I have ever received. He came to visit me in Disney (technically it was for the holidays and with my family, but still early) and proposed during the fireworks. You can read the whole story here.

My ring is gorgeous, I won't dispute that, it is so so perfect. But what it stands for means more to me than anything else. I always told Ryan he could have given me a garbage can twist tie and I still would have said yes!!

Even recently we talked about it. Ryan said, "I gave you a diamond for a reason. Not a ruby or sapphire or emerald... diamonds are under pressure for thousands of years and they come out looking like that. If we are ever under pressure, we will do the same thing." and he also mentions, "I had to get the perfect ring for the perfect girl." (Ok I am nowhere close to perfect, but it is still sweet!)

It is a symbol (along with my wedding ring now) of my love and commitment to Ryan. That I will be loyal and true to him forever and always, under pressure or not.





By the way, Ryan is still trying to work things out for his next step. He is fliritng with Intel (which he doesn't think he will get) and MCCS (which personally I think he will be miserable in, but we shall see). We have an 8+ hour drive to SC for Thanksgiving to talk about it! Thanks for all your good thoughts and wishes. Fingers and toes still crossed.

6 comments:

  1. I do love your ring :) Have a fun drive, we love car rides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ring is beautiful! Love military wife blogs! My hubby is a Navy pilot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that is an amazing gift! It is beautiful! and yes my fingers are still crossed! Have a safe Trip! and a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your ring! It is beautiful!

    Great gift to love!

    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ring!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for commenting. Please make sure your email is attached to your comment so I can reply. I try to reply to every person who comments, if you don't get a response check and see that you are not a 'noreply' blogger!