• Allie and Ryan

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 2

    Allie & Ryan

  • Allie and Ryan 3

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 4

    Allie & Ryan

  • Ryan and Allie 5

    Allie & Ryan

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hmm...

*pokes*

Is thing still on? Are people out there? Is there an echo?

Ah well I'll just keep going.

Last night and today was the first round of goodbyes. Patrick, Don, and Karli are all gone. Needless to say I bawled my eyes out saying goodbye to them. I never expected the people I would meet here would have such an impact on my life... to the point where one of them is going to be a bridesmaid in my wedding! So much has changed since August it is enough to make my head spin.

So, now it is time for another inside scoop. The subject... New Year's Eve at Disney.


My honest advice. NEVER EVER COME TO EPCOT OR MAGIC KINGDOM FOR NEW YEAR'S EVE EVER!!!!!

Unless you want to stand shoulder to shoulder with 83,999 other people and wait in a five hour line for Soarin' do not do it. Magic Kingdom was at capacity by 10am. At 6pm they let in 500 more people as some had left. EPCOT reached 84,000 people.

I was on fireworks duty which is like Illuminations on crack/speed/heroin all together at once. SO many people. We had to keep the walkways moving and once the front was full we kept people out. If you had to use the restroom you got a red ticket to come back to your spot. I had a red lightsaber to move people along and too many times I was tempted to hit people on the head with it. I was cursed at in 3 languages (English, Spanish, and Portuguese), called a bitch a slut and a whore, told to fuck off or fuck you.... I have never imagined people could be like that. I was in NYC last year for NYE and it was fun! Pleasant even! This was HELL.

I had one woman from Brazil I would not let in to the front area since it was FULL and he called me those names and proceeded to mock me every time I spoke. I threatened to call security and she was like, "I don't understand." And I snapped, "SECURIDAD. POLIZIA. You understand. Shut up and move away!"

She didn't.

Jenny (who I have become a lot closer with) and I decided we were not Jenny and Allie. We were Jennifer and Allison after the first fireworks show. The gloves came on and the bitch came out! The 7:30 fireworks was regular Illuminations and it was the most hellish. By 11:40, the NYE show, we had a system and it was a little bit better. The finale at midnight was awesome though. I literally felt the shockwave of the fireworks nearly knock me down! And each country around the world show case let off a different set of fireworks and said Happy New Year in their language.



I found this on youtube if you all want to watch! I had my camera and tried to film the finale, I took lots of pictures, but my battery died halfway through the finale! I was mad as hell. Especially when it came back on to take pictures later when we all danced on the fountain and led a couple thousand people in the Cupid Shuffle. Hey, the DJ told us to!

Pictures will follow. Happy New Year readers!

1 comment:

  1. Still here, still reading, just bad at commenting.
    *CAT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for commenting. Please make sure your email is attached to your comment so I can reply. I try to reply to every person who comments, if you don't get a response check and see that you are not a 'noreply' blogger!